Monday 4 March 2013

We did it!




 Welcome to Heartmade Fibres

Heartmade Fibres is . . . everything. It's everything we've dreamed of doing for so long. A collaboration of best friends and best ideas. A place where our passion for creating has come to life. But I'm getting ahead of myself... let me start at the beginning:

We are best friends who have always dreamed of doing something more than the 'pays-the-bills' gig so many of us have. Pensions and benefits and being able to pay your mortgage are all super important, but occasionally come at the cost of self-expression and creativity. Big sigh. For years we've talked and hoped of doing something to fill that gap between work and love and it's finally happened. We've joined forces and created something that feels so real, and so "us" that I can hardly sleep at night - and we've been dying to share it with you all! 

So we put our collective skills together and got to work. Mary sews. Needles, threads, spools and spools of threads. Fabric is spilling all over her house in the most beautiful chaos of patterns and cotton batting. She's been sewing and sewing and each stitch has brought her closer to you. To you finally being able to see her work; the most gorgeous quilted pieces of art. Baby bibs. Blankets. Quilts for the newest member of every family that are so exquisitely done I have no doubt they will be passed on from generation to generation. Like you do with any great piece of art. 






 See what I mean? Art. 

And me... I knit. And knit. And knit. And occasionally purl :) Speaking with a friend the other day I listed all of the things I had to do that day; the projects I wanted to finish, photos to edit upload and of course, all the knitting. He said "this is what you love, don't make it become a 'job'. I understand the sentiment but what he misunderstood in my 'listing' of goals was that I wasn't complaining - working on this project, on the pieces I'm creating has been the most joyous and creative period I've had since I was a blushing student full of optimism and ideas. It's refreshing. And so I knit. and knit. and purl. With the hopes that you will love my work and it will keep you warm and cozy and wrapped in love. 






Our shop is located online at www.HMFibres.etsy.com. You can find out all about pricing, shipping and all the newest merchandise there. Contact us by email at heartmade.fibres@gmail.com and check back on the blog, often. We will be updating the latest shop info, craft show dates and our inspirations.

Heartmade Fibres, stitches wrapped in love. 

xo




No comments:

Post a Comment