Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Painting In a Painting, In a Painting



What inspires you to create?


1600 Jelly Roll Quilt, Riley Blake Seaside

I started my latest project earlier this week. I call it my "Ode to Summer" Quilt for family picnics in the park, and spontaneous road trips - so my two kids can fall alseep cuddled up underneath one blanket; perhaps to become a sleepover tent , a cave for the Boogie Monster, or an escape during tickle time.

Once I stood back and looked at the colours, and fabrics I realized that I had started a painting months ago that reminded me of this quilt. I pulled it out of the "archive" of paintings I have and started into it again.
A quilt inspired by a painting? Or a painting inspired by a quilt.
A life inspired by creation. How lucky am I?



Still a work in progress, yes. Oil paints, solvents mineral thinners going to my head, yes!

Thank you to my partner in crime, Heather who has inspired me to get my butt in gear and do what I love doing. Paint, stitch..repeat. Life is more meaningful when you are following the beat of your heart.

Just make sure you never confuse your tea cup with your paint water cup. The outcome is icky.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment